Hike the wild moors of Dartmoor, explore the scenic bays of Cornwall, and dive into history at Hadrian's Wall: England is yours to discover with Rick Steves! Inside Rick Steves England you'll find:
- Comprehensive coverage for spending two weeks or more in England
- Rick's strategic advice on how to get the most out of your time and money, with rankings of his must-see favorites
- Top sights and hidden gems, from the ancient and mysterious Stonehenge to cozy corner pubs
- How to connect with local culture: Enjoy an evening at the theatre, take high tea in a classic hotel, or cheer on the team with fans at a football match
- Beat the crowds, skip the lines, and avoid tourist traps with Rick's candid, humorous insight
- The best places to eat, sleep, and relax with a pint
- Self-guided walking tours of lively neighborhoods, historic sites, and museums
- Detailed neighborhood and museum maps for exploring on the go
- Useful resources including a packing list, a phrase book of British slang, a historical overview, and recommended reading
- Over 900 bible-thin pages include everything worth seeing without weighing you down
- Complete, up-to-date information on London, Windsor and Cambridge, Canterbury, Dover, Brighton, Portsmouth, Dartmoor, Cornwall, Penzance, St. Ives, Penwith Peninsula, Bath, Glastonbury, Wells, Avebury, Stonehenge, Salisbury, Oxford, the Cotswolds, Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwick, Coventry, Ironbridge Gorge, Liverpool, Blackpool, the Lake District, Yorkshire, Durham, and more
Make the most of every day and every dollar with Rick Steves England.
Visiting for less than two weeks? Try Rick Steves Best of England.
About the Author
Since 1973, Rick Steves has spent about four months a year exploring Europe. His mission: to empower Americans to have European trips that are fun, affordable, and culturally broadening. Rick produces a best-selling guidebook series, a public television series, and a public radio show, and organizes small-group tours that take over 30,000 travelers to Europe annually. He does all of this with the help of more than 100 well-traveled staff members at Rick Steves' Europe in Edmonds, WA (near Seattle). When not on the road, Rick is active in his church and with advocacy groups focused on economic and social justice, drug policy reform, and ending hunger. To recharge, Rick plays piano, relaxes at his family cabin in the Cascade Mountains, and spends time with his son Andy and daughter Jackie. Find out more about Rick at www.ricksteves.com and on Facebook.
Connect with Rick: