Completely up to date with relevant information on digital technology and HD TV, this is the only title to focus specifically on television production management, and presents an easily accessible and authoritative guide to the area.
Production Management for Television provides a reliable, factual and theoretical framework for an understanding of production management. It includes a reference directory of agencies and organizations, and addresses and contacts for training.
Subjects covered include:
- the main responsibilities of the production manager
- key skills needed by the production manager
- routine procedures
- appropriate paperwork and record keeping
- health and safety issues
- rights management
- career structure and development for production managers
- useful references and further information.
The book is supported by a companion website at www.routledge.com/textbooks/9780415424813.